OFFERING PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION
ON NEW & RELOCATING RAINBOW PLAYSETS
If you just purchased your swingset from Swings Etc. you can be certain that you made an excellent investment in a top-quality set that will provide many years of creative and challenging fun. Please take the time to read these instructions. If you are still considering making your purchase with us, you may find this professional installation information helpful.
INSTALLATION CHECKLIST & TIPS
CHOOSING A SITE
- Please determine the exact location in your yard where you want the playset installed. prepare the area prior to the installation date. If you need the dimensions of your playset’s footprint, please give us a call.
- Install playsets on level ground. If your lawn slopes more than 12 inches over a distance of 10 feet, you need to have the area leveled prior to installation, if possible. Our installers are not required to dig in the playset on uneven ground, and you may be charged additional fees if that is required.
- Ideally, playsets should be placed a minimum of 6 feet from walls, landscaping, trees, etc. Allow approximately 7-8 feet in each direction for the swing “arc.” Allow 11 feet of clearance for a Sky High headbeam. Be aware of where you may have landscaping sprinkler heads to avoid tripping hazards.
- Place your playset in an area easily viewed from the house. For children’s comfort, select a shaded area to help keep children cooler in hot weather. Ensure that there are no overhanging branches that may present a climbing temptation.
Prior to the installation date, the homeowner must:
- Clear the playset area of any fill dirt, large rocks, tree stumps, large roots or any debris that is in the area.
- Pick up all loose toys.
- Turn off and flag or spray paint sprinkler heads to prevent damage. Care will be taken to avoid damage, however, Swings, Etc. is not responsible for damage to sprinkler heads, underground pipes, septic systems, and cable TV lines that may be in or close to your chosen installation site.
- Pick up dog droppings in the area.
- On the day of installation, secure pets to prevent “escape” or interference with installation.
DAY OF INSTALLATION
Someone must be present during the entire installation and to inspect the installation upon completion. The installers will call upon you when they first arrive at your home, when they have built the base fort structure and wish to verify final placement, and upon completion of installation. Please allow a two hour window of time for the installer to arrive.
After the installation, we want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your playset installation. We will invite you out for an inspection upon completion. If no one is present at the completion of the installation, and a subsequent trip to the site is necessary, there may be a fee for returning. In case that payment in full was not made at the time of purchase. Please be prepared to pay the balance upon installation.
Granted that mulching or boxing out the area, we suggest doing so after the playset is installed. Mulching options include triple shredded wood mulch that is insect or decay resistant (such as cypress or cedar) or rubber mulch.
Please click the link below to learn how we can help you to maintain your Rainbow Play System. Read More